Thursday 19 December 2013

Cesca Has No Idea: How people have jobs and do Christmas properly at the same time





So this year Christmas has grabbed me by the heels, strapped me to the back of a slay and dragged me behind for 40 k’s till my body has stopped wriggling, which is my odd way of saying that I have for some reason become very Christmas obsessed this year.

I have a feeling it is a combination of a few factors but mainly when it all comes down to it, it is unemployment and the joy mountains of time brings.

So this year in the spirit of Christmas I have participated in:

  • The Neighbourhood Christmas Party – hosted by my parents, my dad bought me weight watches white wine… message received.
 
  • The Santa Pub Crawl – thousands of people dressed as Santas’ and Christmassy sluts of different varieties, best people watching by far of the year and we were able to meet lots of lovely Santas’ with fraying cheep felt suits and we were accidentally pressed up against their junk under a picnic table umbrella while it poured down rain.

  • The Nolan Christmas Party – my family Christmas party where each year towards the end of the day, when my dad has had time to get seriously drunk, he is made to put on the Santa suit and give all the many, many kids in my family presents. But because he has a ridiculous general knowledge he will give a present to my little cousin Lucy, for example, by saying in a loud slur, “THIS PRESENT is for someone who has a name that is derived from the name of SATAN!” The answer he is looking for is Lucifer but it is hilarious watching their faces.

  • The Carols on the Green – Santa got mobbed on a golf buggy.


  • The Hand Made Night Markets – It happens around Christmas time, there is Christmas stuff, it counts.

 
  • St Mary’s Cathedral Christmas Light Show in Sydney – which was incredible, they had a great choir of men and women who had busy lives so they were called the Overcommitments, (gave me a giggle) and while the lights were being projected on to the cathedral all the kids were running around down the bottom and during the trudging scenes of Joseph and Mary all the kids looked like little ants in the grass.

  • We also have out local Christmas Street Party tomorrow which had the best first year EVER but I will explain another day.

If you have been doing anything Christmassy let me know. This post was really an excuse to get out a bunch of photos I have been sitting on. Oh and by the way it is the start of a heat wave today and I woke up this morning to a cricket ball slamming into the outside of my wall from the kids next door who are newly on holidays playing 7am cricket. Yay school holidays!

1 comment:

  1. LOL your father XD that is the best way to give out presents ever.

    Man, I miss the holiday festivities! The only thing they do in Korea is play all the Christmas music - the ONE THING I could have easily given up ;P

    Oh but I did see carol singers... http://downfromthedoor.com/2013/12/19/a-very-merry-keurisseumass-from-the-cheongju-carol-singers/

    ReplyDelete