Monday 16 December 2013

Cesca Has No Idea - What she is doing with her life


My parents backyard the other day...yes that is my cubby house, it is bigger than my apartment.

During my first year of freedom from education I have discovered that being qualified as a teacher and being good with kids does not necessarily add up to enjoying school teaching. I feel discovering this would be ok if it was one of those situations where I was being forced to do teaching at university by oppressive parents or obligation of some kind, but my real passion was taxidermy or base jumping, because then I could discover that primary teaching probably isn’t for me and be inspired to follow my dream of being a professional dead animal stuffer or base jumping teacher.

I unfortunately have no idea what I want to do with my life. I have watched LOTS of TEDtalks this year telling me in incredibly inspiring ways to follow my passion but what if you don’t know what your passion is?

And it is not like I haven’t tried this year! I have volunteered days at many places to see if they are the right thing for me: children’s hospital primary school, environmental education ce
ntre, summer camps, alternative education schools etc. some of them I definitely liked more than others but I am still desperately craving more actual direction and goals than these are offering me right now.

My current plan is to save some more money for the next 5-6 months then go over seas and do some long over due travel for my passion. The plan: 2 weeks road trip around Scotland with one of my best friends Di, then 9 weeks at a Croatian summer camp followed by visited extended family in Italy to maybe teaching English in Spain. But seeing as I constantly change plans…who knows?
I found a friend, an almost frog I named Jim.

Then when I get back in 2015 I will finally buckle and take a full time teaching position where ever the state want to send me and I will finally have money and pay off my car to my poor mother.

I don’t really have any photos I don’t think of my trying and failing to find my passion this year, so I might just put in some photos of me wasting time during bouts of unemployment. (p.s I have dyslexia, enjoy the spelling mistakes)

No comments:

Post a Comment